CLASS AND WORKSHOP SUPPLY LIST
LAST DATE UPDATED: September 13, 2019
Copyrighted 1997-2020, Sheila L. Williams
This form/page may not be reproduced, copied or changed in any way without the written permission of Sheila Williams
These Tutorials are for “Personal Use Only”. This Tutorial CD-ROM is in no way connected with the Electric Quilt Company
Laptop Computer with software installed and activated
External Mouse Connected to Your laptop
Software User Manual
1 Empty USB (if you are renting a computer or to share projects)
Paper Clips (colorful ones work best)
Highlighter to mark your manual
Computer Eye Glasses (if you wear them)
List of questions
Seat cushion, just in case
All EQ6/7/8 Beginner, Intermediate and Advance Classes/Workshops are open to EQ6/7/8 Windows, Mac and EQStitch Users.
If you just purchased your EQ Program make sure you install and activated the program before the Class/Workshop. You will
need Internet access for the installation.
If you have owned your EQ Program for a while you need to open the program at least 1 day “before” the Class/Workshop date
to validate your program. The Computer needs to be connected to the Internet for this validation to work.
Already have a Laptop and thinking about purchasing EQ8? A free Windows trial version of EQ8 is now available for all classes/workshops.
Just arrive 30 minutes early for installation. Your Laptop must be in good working order. Click here for system requirements. The trial will work
for 10 days after installation.
Classes may not be recorded without the written permission of the Instructor.Please do not ask for exceptions.
Please do not bring personal fire arms or pets to class.
Children 12 years or older may sign-up, pay and attend class. Otherwise, children are not allowed to attend the class.
Classes may not be audited without written permission from Instructor, this includes Guild and/or Quilt Shop Staff.
Installing EQ8 Demo Software:
Demo Software will be install on student computers 30 minutes before the class start time so please make arrangements to arrive early.
The Demo will operate for 12-14 days from the date of installation. After the trial period the software will stop working.
Students should make sure their computers meet the minimum requirements listed at the bottom of this sheet for installation of the EQ8 Demo Software.
Your computer must be in good working order before the installation. Make sure you do a Disk Cleanup and then a De-fragmentation of your hard drive before the class. Your computer should be able to connect to the Internet to activate the Installation. Make sure you have your printer driver installed on your computer before the class.
Demo Software will not be installed during the class. Only before the class.
Demo Software is only available for EQ8. The EQ5, EQ6 and EQ7 Software are no longer available from the Electric Quilt Company.
Rental Computers will be available for the Classes/Workshops:
- If you need a rental computer make sure you arrange for one when you sign-up for the Class or Workshop.
- There will be no “extra” computers available on the day of the Class or Workshop without prior arrangements.
- Rental Computers will have all Quilting Software Programs installed to include all updates
- Rental Fees are payable to the Class Instructor prior to Classes/Workshops starting, unless other arrangement have been
made with the Class Host by the Instructor.
- Computer Rental Fee is $25 for the day.
- Rental Fees are non-refundable.
- Get to Class/Workshop at least 30 minutes early so you can get to know your rental computer.
- Due to possible virus problems, USB Drives will not be used on rental computers until they are scan for viruses first. NO EXCEPTIONS
Students using their own computers:
Must have all software programs installed, activated and working on their computer prior to Class/Workshop, to include all software updates, if available.
- Computer must have Printer Drivers installed to view print preview during class.
- Students that have had their EQ Program installed for a while should turn on the computer on and access the program at
least 2 days before the class to ensure the program is working and validated. The computer needs to be connected to the
Internet for validation to be complete.
- It is highly recommended that all personal computers have a “standard external mouse” attached for the Class/Workshop, even if
user is an experienced laptop user. The Touch Pad will slow you down. Example: Try drawing four straight lines and connect them with
the Touch Pad in EasyDraw to see what I mean.
- Computer Technical Support will not be available in class.
- If you borrow a friend/family member laptop for the Class/Workshop, you should spend some time getting to know the
computer, at least 2 days, before the Class/Workshop.
- All Student personal computers must be in good working order.
- Arrive early – this will allow you sufficient time to set up your personal computer prior to the
Class/Workshop start time. Instructor will not help set up personal computers.
- All Students should have basic computer skills before signing-up for the Class/Workshop.
- Students must have good working knowledge of their computers prior to the Classes/Workshops.
- Computer technical support for personal computer problems will not be available during the Class/Workshop.
- If assistance is required to install software purchased during the class or workshop, a fee of $35 will be paid to the
Instructor before the program is installed.
- Any software installations (with the exception of EQ8 Trial Software) will be done during lunch break only. Instructor will not have time
to install prior to Class/Workshop due to class/workshop prep requirements, so please do not ask.
- Packing a long extension cord/surge protector would also be a very good idea, since we never know where those wall outlets
will be located.
- Make sure you also pack your External Disk Drive, just in case you may need them with at least two blank CD or just bring a USB Drive.
- Make sure you double check that your computer power cord is in your computer bag the night before the class. This is a 6 hour class/workshop
most Laptop batteries do not last that long.
- It is recommended that all students run “Disk Cleanup and Defrag” on their computers the day before the class/workshop to ensure the 6 hours
of work will go smoothly on your computer. Plus, it is a good Computer maintenance practice.
Required Software Installations depending on the class, to include all updates:
- Electric Quilt 8 (Windows/Mac)
- Electric Quilt 7 (Windows/Mac)
- Electric Quilt 6
- Electric Quilt 5
- Quilt-Pro 5/6
- QuiltSoft 5/6
EQ8 Classes cannot be mixed with other version of EQ since the layout of the Program is a lot different.
EQ5 Classes cannot be mixed with other versions of EQ. If you own this program contact us about setting up a class for you and your friends.
Optional Installations – The following program may be installed, if the student owns them.
- For Electric Quilt Classes/Workshops – Sew Precise 1-4, Stash 1-26, BlockBase 1 or 2, Dear Jane,
Dear Hannah, Stitched with Love, Create your Family Quilt, and any other add-on program you wish to install.
- For Quilt-Pro Classes/Workshops – Foundation Factory, Block Factory
- For QuiltSoft Classes/Workshops – Professional Block Libraries 1 and 2, Fabric CDs
System (Laptop) Requirements:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/10 (32 or 64 Bit)
- 750 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM Drive/USB Port for installation
- Netbook compatible
- Internet Access Required for Activation, Deactivation and periodic validations
- Monitor with Screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
- Adobe Reader
- Sound Card for Demo Videos
- Works on Netbooks and laptop
- Printer Drivers need to be installed to view print preview
- External Mouse for all Classes and Workshops is a must have
Minimum System Requirements for Electric Quilt 8 (Windows/MAC)
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1;
- macOS Mojave (10.14), High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12), El Capitan (10.11), Yosemite (10.10);
(Apple is requiring that all applications be 64-bit applications before the Fall 2019 release of macOS 10.15.
- Electric Quilt plans to release an update to EQ8 before then to ensure that EQ8 is fully compatible with mac0S 10.15. You can read more here > )